Six winners (including couples and families who apply) will have 1 month free accommodation at a prescribed location, and be named a Zagreb Digital Nomad Ambassador for the duration of the program.
Zagreb Digital Nomad Ambassadors are special guests of the Tourist Board of Zagreb. Ambassadors will participate in a program including free coworking, local engagement and promotion of their experience as a digital nomad in Zagreb.
All winners must hold valid travel insurance and pay for their own travel to and from Zagreb and any expenses not included in the program. Accommodation, coworking and tour activities outlined in the program are provided free.
Any impact by changes, delays, etc. due to COVID19 or other events are not our responsibility. All travel and safety regulations from points of entry, transit and in Croatia will apply. Being informed and adhering to these requirements is the sole responsibility of the winner. The organisers will assist with information where possible.
The dates for accommodation are set out as: 1 July to 1 August 2021 (winner 1); 1 August to 1 September 2021 (winner 2); 1 September to 1 October 2021 (winner 3); 1 October to 1 November 2021 (winner 4); 1 November to 1 December 2021 (winner 5) and 1 December 2021 to 1 January 2022 (winner 6). The prize includes 1 month accommodation, meals outlined in program, activities and use of coworking spaces where available.
Winners are expected to arrive on the 1st day of the month they are selected as an Ambassador, with accommodation available from the 1st of the month to the 1st of the next month. Winners must be able to participate fully in the program and must remain in Zagreb the entire month.
You must be a digital nomad or able to work remotely for 1 month (Ambassadors stay 1 month free in Zagreb between 1 July to 31 December).
You must be active on at least 3 major social networks – and have these set to public. NOTE: We use this information to review your online activity. Influencers are welcome to apply – this project is open to all who are eligible.
You also agree you will:
- promote the project 2x weekly with TCN articles and videos.
- hold 1x event or presentation.
- use coworking spaces to work during stay.And you:
- Are employed, freelancing or have a business + 5 year work/study history.
- Can bring skills and strengths (personal and professional) as a ZDNA.
- Can commit to being in Zagreb on program dates AND dedicate 1x day week to being in a coworking space, 2x tours + 2x dinners.
- submit a 1 minute video answering 5 short questions. (no advantage for fancy editing, just a piece to camera).
- Agree to the full Terms and Conditions set out below.
1 MINUTE VIDEO
1) who you are
2) your location
3) what you do
4) your goals with digital nomadism/remote work
5) why you’re applying.
Acceptable formats are mpg, avi, mov, mp4, mpeg4 and maximum file size 250MB.
Full Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is open to anyone over age 18 and open to applicants worldwide, except Zagreb Tourism Board, Saltwater and Total Croatia News employees, their close relatives and anyone connected with the competition. Entrants must have the right to enter and remain in Croatia for the duration of the Prize. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be required.
2. The competition will run from Friday 7th May 2021 at 12:00 to November 1st 2021 at 23:59 Central European Time. Entries outside of the period will not count.
3. Entrants need to answer all written questions and create a video of not more than sixty (60) seconds which includes your name, location, what you do, your goals and reason for applying.
4. Entries will be submitted online via the saltwaternomads.com/zagreb page.
5. No other method of entry will be accepted. Only one entry is allowed per entrant (the first, any subsequent entries will be disregarded).
6. Prior to judging, the entries will be moderated for compliance with these terms and conditions by a panel made up of members of the Tourism Board of Zagreb, Saltwater, Total Croatia News and a representative from the local community. Additional and appropriate individuals may also be engaged depending on the volume of entries. The organisers reserve the right to give, in their absolute discretion, second chances to entries that include minor breaches to these Terms and Conditions so that such errors can be corrected before judging.
7. The entries will be viewed and 6 winners chosen by a panel made up of members of the Tourism Board of Zagreb, Saltwater, Total Croatia News and a representative from the City, (or such other judges as the Tourism Board appoints). In the event of a split vote, the Tourism Board will identify another member to provide a casting vote.
8. The judges shall use the following criteria:
• Genuine desire to participate and evidence of an entrant’s potential to fulfil the requirements of the Prize and promotion.
9. The first winner will be announced Friday 25th June 2021 and published on the Total Croatia News website. Subsequent winners will be announced by the 25th of each month prior to commencing their role as Ambassador. Six winners will be chosen. Winners can consist of pairs and families.
10. Entrants must be available via the contact information they have provided. If, after reasonable attempts a winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours, that entrant’s participation in the competition ends. If the chosen winner cannot take up the prize as stated, then the Prize will be offered to the next best finalist and they shall be deemed the winner.
11. The Prize consists of a 1 month stay, free coworking and experiences in Zagreb, Croatia, which includes accommodation. Winners are expected to arrive on the 1st day of the month they are selected as an Ambassador, with accommodation available from the 1st of the month to the 1st of the next month. Winners must be able to participate fully in the program and must remain in Zagreb the entire month.
12. The prize is stated as above. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances.
13. The judge’s decision as to entrants taking part and winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
15. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The organisers accept no liability if entrants ignore these rules and entrants agree to fully indemnify the organisers against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these rules. If you include the image or voice of yourself or any other person in the video, you must have sought permission from that person to include them in such a way and you shall grant the organisers the right to use their voice or image in the video in the context of this competition.
16. All entries must not contain illegal, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or any other unsuitable material. Entrants and finalists must not put themselves in danger at any stage of this competition. All entries must be suitable to be broadcast publicly.
17. Entrants retain the copyright in their original ideas but grant the organisers a perpetual non-exclusive royalty-free licence to broadcast their entry and activities in the prize fulfilment program (whether text, photographs, audio or videos) across all media, as well as use it on any online platforms. For the avoidance of doubt, no fees or expenses will be paid for the creation of any part of the entry or activities in the prize fulfilment program.
18. Entrants permit the organisers to edit or change entries (whether text, photographs, audio or videos) in any way it may, in its sole discretion, consider necessary for the purposes of use in the competition.
19. The event organiser does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or other causes. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
20. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
21. The organisers reserve the right to: (i) amend these terms and conditions and vary the competition rules including but not limited to the opening and closing times; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules, displays rude, insulting or inappropriate behaviour at any point (including prize fulfilment) or has acted fraudulently in any way and; (iii) cancel the competition, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
22. Prior to arrival, winners will sign a waiver, discharge and covenant agreeing not sue the event organisers for any injury or death caused by any negligence or other acts and voluntarily assume all the risks associated with participation. Winners must also certify they have purchased health insurance. In the instance of an early departure, winners may be liable to repay costs incurred for the program.
23. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
24. This is a game of skill, and chance plays no part.
25. The competition is run by the Tourism Board of Zagreb, and supported by Saltwater Nomads and Total Croatia News. The applicable law is that of the Republic of Croatia.